The Joomla! 3.8.3 fixes solves several bugs, including:
- Support for multiple download sources on updated servers (aka "download mirrors") # 18926
- Compatibility with PHP 7.2
- Update to TinyMCE 4.5.8 # 18574
- Multilingual Associations component: reduced the number of duplicate queries # 18544
- [com_fields] Multilanguage: the display of fields is fixed when the object in question is set to ALL # 18536
- Eliminate the disabling performance of the search plug-in for large sites with custom fields # 18915
Visit GitHub for the complete list of bug fixes
The automatic update procedure uses the "Joomla_3.8.3-Stable-Update_Package.zip" (11Mb) package for all versions, which includes almost all the Joomla files. While in the event of an update from the previous version 3.8.2, the special lightest package "Joomla_3.8.x2_to_3.8.3-Stable-Patch_Package.zip" (168Kb) is available to be installed manually by the "Update Joomla" component - -> "Upload and Update".".
- The only recommended and correct method to update Joomla 3 (both old and new and future versions) is to use the "Update Joomla" component and press the button to update automatically. The system will take care of downloading the necessary package, extracting it, overwriting files, updating the database, deleting files that are no longer needed, etc., all in the correct order.
- In versions prior to 3.5.0 it was also possible to use the "Extensions Manager" to manually install the update package, now this is no longer possible and will never be possible again.